The Leuna Carboxylation Plant stands on the site of the former IG Farben, which was opened in 1916. After 1945, the company was renamed the chemical site Leuna-Werke.
The carboxylation plant was established in 1961 and was initially used for the production of salicylic acid and later for small amounts of para-hydroxybenzoic acid.
Beginning in 1996, the former owner Rhone Poulenc/Rhodia made extensive investments which today are the basis for our high quality production.
In 2005 the plant was taken over by Infatrade (UK) Ltd and LCP Leuna Carboxylation Plant GmbH was founded.
One year later, LCP Leuna Carboxylation Plant GmbH developed its own process for obtaining technically pure potassium sulfate, which significantly broadened our product portfolio.
In September 2012, LCP Leuna Carboxylation Plant GmbH was taken over by Polyplastics Co. Ltd, which continues to successfully develop the company in a future-oriented way.